The iCube, a next-generation machine controller from Yaskawa, is set to release this year and is a powerful solution which will soon be available to the market. Designed to cater to a broad spectrum of applications including motion control, logic, kinematics, safety, and security, the iC9200 is equipped to handle both existing industrial challenges and adapt to future changes in the field of automation.
Core Features of the iC9200
- Advanced Processing Power: Central to the iC9200 is the Yaskawa Triton processor, a 3-core ARM processor with a 1.26 GHz clock speed. Tailored for synchronous motion tasks, it offers lower power dissipation, making it an energy-efficient choice for demanding applications.
- Comprehensive Network Communication: The iC9200 boasts compatibility with a wide array of network communication protocols like OPC UA, EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP, PROFINET Controller and I-Device, IO-Link, and EtherCAT. This diverse connectivity ensures seamless integration across various industrial setups.
- Enhanced Safety and Security: Meeting SIL3 requirements with its FSoE network safety profile, the iC9200 guarantees top-notch safety over EtherCAT. It also adheres to ISA/IEC 62443 network security certification, providing robust defense against cyber threats.
- Open Programming Flexibility: Supporting IEC61131-3 standards, the iC9200 facilitates programming with PLCopen function blocks, structured text, or SFC Programming, and allows the creation of custom libraries in C#, C++, Lua, Python, MATLAB Simulink.
- Modular and Scalable Design: Built on a real-time Linux system, the iC9200's design is both modular and scalable, accommodating standard I/O slices for local I/O and adapting to a variety of application needs.
Diverse Models to Suit Varied Needs
- iC9212M-EC and iC9212M-FSoE: These models, capable of synchronizing up to 16 axes of motion, are perfect for smaller systems. The FSoE model includes an integrated EtherCAT Safety Master.
- iC9216M-EC and iC9216M-FSoE: Designed for larger systems, controlling up to 64 axes of motion, with the FSoE variant featuring an integrated EtherCAT Safety Master for enhanced safety requirements.
Optimal Applications and Competitive Edge of the iC9200
The iC9200 is particularly well-suited for applications like advanced robotics and automation, CNC machining and metal fabrication, packaging and material handling, chemical and pharmaceutical process control, and managing renewable energy systems. Its ability to precisely control complex robotic systems, manage high-precision CNC operations, and efficiently handle sensitive manufacturing processes makes it a standout choice in these fields.
The controller sets itself apart with several key advantages:
- Superior Performance: The Yaskawa Triton processor ensures exceptional performance in synchronous motion tasks.
- Versatile Connectivity: Support for multiple network communications allows for seamless integration in diverse industrial environments.
- Advanced Safety and Security: Enhanced safety features and adherence to stringent security standards make it a reliable choice.
- Customization Capability: Open programming environment and support for multiple languages provide unmatched flexibility for specialized control needs.
The iC9200 series release shows a significant leap in machine control technology from Yaskawa. Whether for smaller applications or complex systems requiring extensive motion control, the iC9200 series is ready to deliver superior performance and reliability and has already been implemented in multiple applications for some of our customers.
For more information on how the iC9200 can revolutionize your operational efficiency, safety, and security, contact our team - we are more than happy to guide you in harnessing the advanced capabilities of this machine controller.